The Sentinel Distributed Database has a total of 351.8 million unique patient identifiers spanning the 2000 to 2020 time period. If patients move between health plans, they may have more than one patient identifier. 228.7 million patients have at least one day of drug and medical coverage.
Of those with both medical and drug coverage, there are:
- 70.6 million members currently accruing new data
- 788 million person-years of data
- 14.8 billion pharmacy dispensings
- 13.8 billion unique medical encounters
- 42.6 million members with at least one laboratory test result
Additionally, the Sentinel Distributed Database contains 5.1 million deliveries with a mother-infant linkage.